Monday, September 7, 2009

Counting down the days....

So Labour Day is over and the reality that the Bikram Yoga Teacher Training begins in less than a month is hitting hard. I'm both nervous and excited at the same time. I'm also still trying to get my head around the fact that I'll be in Las Vegas far longer than I'm sure I'd like. It seems like such an incongruous venue for yogis-in-training but then again this is Bikram Choudhury we are talking about. Bikram, the 'Bad Boy of Yoga' who hails from Beverly Hills where he collects Bentleys and Rolls Royces, has been criticized for copyrighting his 26 posture yoga series and tightly franchising new studios - entrepreneurial moves that have earned his method the dubious term the 'McYoga' of yoga disciplines. He has, never the less, developed a worldwide cult following and I for one can say that his series simply works and has made a such a positive impact on my life. 
I can't wait for all to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment